CouFrac 2022 will be held at the main campus of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), November 14-16, 2022.
A limited number of hotel rooms are available at reduced cost. For full details, including the links to the hotels, visit the Venue page of the CouFrac2022 web site.
- Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina—Rate of $139, with a cut-off date for reservations at the group rate on October 21. Distance from hotel to Berkeley Lab is about 7.5 km.
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza—Rate of $189, with a cut-off date for reservations at the group rate on October 15. Distance from hotel to Berkeley Lab is about 3.5 km.
Travel and Visa Information
International travel to meetings in the U.S.
We advise anyone who may need a visa to attend the CouFrac 2022 to apply early. Visa applicants should apply at least 2 months in advance of the meeting. Security-related policies have greatly increased the processing time for visa applications. U.S. consular officers now usually interview applicants as part of the application process.
If you need a letter of invitation, e-mail Shelby Bemiss, [email protected] to make your request. Please provide your citizenship so that Shelby can assess which of the invitation letters to send to you.
The most convenient airports to Berkeley are the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Oakland International Airport (OAK). The Oakland Airport is closer to Berkeley and both airports offer an economical connection to Berkeley via the local train system, Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), which stops in downtown Berkeley (next to the Shattuck Hotel).
LBNL On-site/Guest parking will not available (unless you are staying on-site at the Berkeley Lab Guest House). Alternative modes of transportation are:
- Public Transportation (such as LBNL Shuttle, BART)
- Taxi or other ride-sharing options (with pick up/drop off services, such as UBER, LYFT, etc)
- LBNL Shuttle Bus Routes »
(In addition to the regularly scheduled Shuttle Services, there will be an additional/dedicated shuttle for pick up/drop off for Symposium attendees. More information on shuttle stops and schedule will be coming soon.)
- Maps and Directions to the Lab »